Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmastime Is Here

It's that infamous time of year. A season now based on shopping, shopping, shopping, without stopping, stopping, stopping. There are an abundance of great deals for those willing to gift another with great gifts for cheaper prices. It's a season where making sure your child is happy takes precedence over what the spirit of Christmas is really about. I bet by now you might be thinking, "Great. He's going to give a lecture on the true meaning of Christmas. Thanks Linus, I already know the story." In fact, that's exactly what I'll do. 
But in my special brand of style of course. 
I've been asked countless times this year, "What do you want for Christmas?" And I usually say I don't really know. Though my brother and I specifically have asked for a Wii U, that is the only thing I really do want. And even then, I would be perfectly fine without any presents at all. Many people say that, and I mean MANY people. But who do you know in your life that could actually say it and mean it? I couldn't say that about myself a mere twelve months ago. Last year, I couldn't wait to see what was under the tree. And this year, I'm pleased to say that I couldn't care less. 
In just this past year, I feel as if I've grown further in my maturity, both mentally and emotionally. My mind no longer resorts to dim-witted jokes, but farther towards ideologies and what life should and is like. By the end of  the 2012-2013 school year, I couldn't have concocted any sentence remotely close to the one I have just written. I would never dream of having a blog where people dispute my opinions and I'm perfectly ok with it. I could only have nightmares of transferring from a private school to a public school, not knowing what lay in store. My relationship with The Lord wouldn't be how it is today, and yet I still have much more to work towards. 
I couldn't care less about the presents under the tree Christmas Day. 
And with all that growth, I still lose sight of what Christmas is really about. In the back of my mind I do, but on the forefront of my mind, I think Christmas is about family. I know exactly what it's about, and these next few days I have tried hard to remember that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ, savior of the world, 100% God while being 100% man. He came here as an infant to save the world of the darkness what would have destroyed it if he hadn't come. 
Now enough with my infinitely long Christmas rant. Enjoy your Christmas. Open some rocking presents. Hang with your family. Eat some freaking awesome food. But never lose sight that it's Jesus the one we're celebrating. Have a Merry Christmas, for you and your families. 

Lots of blessings,
                             Jon. The only one here at The Blackboard Journal.

1 comment: